The Philippines is known for its large and growing workforce of virtual assistants. Dubbed as OFW 2.0 or “Online Filipino Workers”, millions of Filipinos have chosen this career path to better provide for their families without leaving their homes.
For businesses abroad, hiring virtual assistants from the Philippines is a common practice for more than a decade.
In this article we will help you discover, who are the Filipino Virtual Assistants and the Benefits of hiring Filipino VAs.
Who are Virtual Assistants?
Virtual assistants, or VAs, are individuals who provide professional assistance to businesses or individuals remotely through the use of internet technology via computer or smartphone.
Filipino VAs are versatile in that they are able to perform a wide range of tasks depending on the educational level and attainment of the hired VAs.
Filipino Virtual Assistants (VAs)
Virtual assistants from the Philippines are called Filipino Virtual Assistants or Filipino VAs. While millions of them are self-employed, another major number of VAs are hired by third-party companies that specialize in providing virtual assistance services. They may work on a contract basis, full-time or part-time employees on behalf of the client.
This demand of Filipino VAs is spurred by the realities that:
- Philippines is a major center for outsourcing and call centers
- Philippines has a large pool of English-speaking, highly-educated workforce
- Filipinos, in general, has a strong work ethic culture
Before boarding the projects, these VAs have proper trainings according to the expertise they work for. Mostly, with college degrees, these Filipinos are firm in a generation during the era of the internet, empowering them with a certain level of proficiency in learning applications and softwares in relation to the trade.
More than that, here are the ….
Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants from the Philippines
Hiring virtual assistants from the Philippines can provide many benefits for businesses around the world. According to a study by the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), the Philippines is the second-largest provider of voice-based services, and the third-largest provider of non-voice services in the world, making it a leading destination for outsourcing virtual assistance services.
1. Cost-effective: Virtual assistants from the Philippines often charge lower rates than those in other countries, which can be a significant cost-saving for businesses. This is due to the lower cost of living and wages in the Philippines compared to other countries.
2. Fluent in English: Many virtual assistants from the Philippines are fluent in English, which can be a major advantage for businesses that need to communicate with English-speaking clients or customers. The Philippines has a long history of English education and it is the third most populous country in the world where people speak English as a primary language.
3. Cultural awareness: The Philippines has a strong Western influence, so virtual assistants from the country often have a good understanding of Western culture and business practices. This can be beneficial for businesses looking to expand into international markets, as virtual assistants from the Philippines can help bridge cultural differences.
4. Professionalism: Virtual assistants from the Philippines are most famous for their strong work ethic and dedication to providing high-quality support to their clients. In fact, the Philippines is the world’s leading provider of voice-based services, according to a study by IBPAP.
5. Time zone: The Philippines is in a convenient time zone for businesses in the United States, which can make it easier to communicate and collaborate with virtual assistants in this country.
6. Tech-savvy: Virtual assistants from the Philippines are generally well-verse in the latest technology, which can be a major asset for businesses that rely on technology to operate efficiently. Philippines have a growing IT industry and a significant portion of the population are tech-savvy.
7. Flexibility: Virtual assistants can work remotely, which means they can be available to support your business around the clock, depending on your needs. This can be beneficial for businesses that operate in different time zones or have varying business hours.
8. Scalability: It’s easy to scale up or down your support from a virtual assistant as your business needs change. Also, this can help businesses to manage their costs more effectively.
9. Greater productivity: By outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant, you can free up your time to focus on core business activities, which can increase your overall productivity.
10. Access to a global talent pool: Hiring a virtual assistant from the Philippines gives you access to a pool of highly skilled and educated professionals, regardless of your location. Moreover, the Philippines has a large pool of English-speaking, highly-educated workforce, which makes it an attractive location for businesses looking to outsource virtual assistance services.